On 0thDay (Friday, June 20), the "RubyKaigi 2008 Golf Tournament" will be played. We invite all comers to join in and try test their golfing skills!
Golf is sport where players attempt to sink a ball into hole with the fewest possible strokes. Similarly, in the glorious sport of Code Golf, players attempt to write a program to complete a task with the fewest possible strokes (of the keyboard). More precisely, the fewer characters used to write a correct program, the better.
The courses (problems) shall be announced during the opening talk of RubyKaigi 2008 at 13:00 JST (UTC+9) on Friday, June 20, 2008. Solutions to the problems will be accepted from this time at the golf course. Solutions will be reviewed and top scorers awarded during the pre-conference party starting at 19:00 JST that day (June 20).
For participants at the RubyKaigi venue:
- submissions are open from 13:00 and close at 19:00 on June 20
- we request "professional" golfers to refrain from posting their solutions until 18:00, in order to avoid scaring off the amateur players.
- in order to be eligible for the competition, please append "kaigi" to your username
- although it is possible to submit solutions in languages other than Ruby, they will not be eligible for the competition
For those new to the game of golf, please refer to the standard rules and regulations below.
- Write the shortest possible program that takes the "sample input" from standard input and outputs the string specified in "sample output" to standard output.
- Provided that the output is correct, it is not required to precisely follow the provided specification.
- Trailing whitespace in the output will be removed by String#rstrip before being checked.
- The golf server uses Ruby 1.8.7, and the version of goruby used is r15046
- goruby is a library for writing shorter ruby for golf. It's actually officially bundled in ruby 1.9.0.
- There is no user authentication, so please use a username that is likely to be unique when submitting your entries. Please ignore the "Open code-statistics" field.
- When there are multiple entries credited to the same username, the entry with the shortest code will be used
- Please refrain from conducting any tests that will overly strain the server
- Solutions to previous problems can be found on the server.
After you click the "use form" button you can enter your code directly: